Comprehensive Tai Chi Qigong (Instructor) Training Course – Level I
Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi is one of the most popular styles of qigong around the world because it is effective and easy to learn. The demand for tai chi qigong instructors is increasing as baby boomers start to age and as more people become aware of the benefits of qigong.
In this course, students will learn:
- all 3 major types of qigong, namely the moving qigong, standing qigong and sitting qigong. The first set of Shibashi, the Wuji & Taiji Stances and the basic Internal Alchemy technique will be taught respectively for each type.
- the theory of qi and the health benefits of qigong from both Eastern and Western perspectives;
- the details surrounding each qigong movement;
- abdominal and reverse breathing techniques;
- about the physiological changes when one enters qigong mode (as seen on biofeedback machines);
- about the feelings to be expected after practicing qigong and the meaning behind each of these feelings and
- about the common mistakes students make when practicing Shibashi.
By the end of the course, students will know how to:
- check if others are relaxed by assessing their physical and mental state;
- maximize the benefits of Shibashi by adding extra elements to certain movements;
- incorporate some simple yet powerful stances into Shibashi;
- modify movements when teaching seniors and those with special needs;
- create a qi field to magnify the benefits of group practice and
- detect and defend themselves from sick qi.
Even though the theme of this training course focuses on Shibashi, the knowledge obtained from and skills developed during this course could be applied to many different styles of qigong. Those that do not intend to teach but would like to make qigong a part of their lives will also find this course very useful.
Joensuu, Finland (please contact organizer for exact location)
Date & Time:
April 12, 2018 1pm-7pm
April 13, 2018 10am-3pm
None. However, we recommend you to get familiar with the Set 1 Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi. Student who registered for this course will receive a coupon to purchase the Set 1 Shibashi Home Study Course and Qigong Mode & Tai Chi Posture Requirements Home Study Course at 50% discount.
250€ (270€ after January 31)
For students repeating the Level I workshop only
160€ (180€ after January 31)
- “I feel that the workshop significantly helped me to improve my forms and understanding of the Shibashi set. I also found the meditation segments of your workshop to be very helpful. I have had trouble meditating in the past, and I feel that your workshop helped me to become more centered in my practice.” – Tai Chi Instructor Ryan Lee of USA
- “From my past experience and knowledge of Tai Chi and Qigong I found your training extremely enlightening and felt spiritually charged to practice more diligently again. Its been a while that I have been this charged.” – Greg Gardiner of Canada – Tai Chi Instructor for over 20 years
- “Thank you again Sifu, for an absolutely excellent course! The Best in so many aspects, that I have attended for many years.” – Hans Boeltzig of Finland
- “I am now able to walk a kilometre, managing a steep hill. I use the Dan Tian breathing especially to walk up the hill. For me, this is a huge achievement. In February I had to use crutches to walk.” – Rosemary Basham of Australia who wrote this email on March after attended Master Cheung’s workshop on the same month.
Optional Individual Assessment:
Those who intend to teach qigong Shibashi or would simply like to have individual attention from Master Cheung should enrol in this assessment at the end of the workshop. The purpose of the assessment is to ensure that the student fully understand all the concepts and techniques covered in the workshop.
An instructor certificate will be issued to those who successfully passed the assessment. Graduates could have their own person webpages published under our certified instructors section.
Prerequisites: Students must be able to recall and perform all 18 movements of Shibashi
Date & Time: April 13 3pm-5pm
Assessment has 2 Parts:
A) Perform the first set of Shibashi
B) Demonstrate the different techniques learned during the course
Assessment Fee: €70 (payable at workshop)
Please contact organizer Anne Toivanen firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.